|PAFFO Opening ceremony|
The Regional Farmers Networks of Africa have gone through a lengthy process in the last 6 years focusing on agriculture and producer organizations. As an outcome of the process, the Networks put together two declarations i.e. February 2004 – the Pretoria declaration and on 21st May 2009 the Addis Ababa Pan-Africa Farmers Forum declaration.
- One that guarantees food, employment and revenue to the family farmers in a sustainable manner.
- One that provides and adds value to products for industrial purpose.
- One that generates solidarity and social security.
- One that adds value to our traditional knowledge and experiences.
- And one that ensures equitable access to productive resources and sustainable management of Natural Resources.
- The process of establishing the Forum launched a steering committee of four (4) presidents of (EAFF, SACAU, ROPPA, and PROPAC).
- Mr. Mamadou Cissokho was nominated to facilitate the activities of the steering committee with clear terms of reference.
- The main tasks of the steering committee was to ensure that PAFFO governance documents, vision and mission statements were developed.
- The final activity of the steering committee was to finally launch a legitimate Pan-African Farmers Forum.