Launch of Africa Catalyzing Action for Nutrition (AfriCAN), a new network with a mission to mobilise and harness Africa’s untapped and underutilised resources towards improving nutrition sustainably on the continent.
25 May 2022. This event introduced AfriCAN and feature a panel discussion on sustainable solutions to eliminate hunger and malnutrition.
- Professor Francis B. Zotor, Professor of Public Health Nutrition and Director AfriCAN (Moderator)
- Dr. Namanga Ngongi, Former Deputy Executive Director WFP; Former Chair, UN Standing Committee on Nutritition (UNSCN) & Board Chair, AfriCAN
- Ms. Isatou Jallow, Executive Director, AfriCAN
- Ms. Julia Tagwireyi, Former Director, Food and Nutrition Council, Zimbabwe and Director, AfriCAN
- Dr. Josue Dione, Former Director, Food Security and Sustainable Development Division, UNECA and Board Member, AfriCAN
- Dr Charity Binka, Executive Director, Women, Media and Change
- Dr Habiba Hassan-Wassef, Trustee, African Nutrition Society
- Sheikh Tijan Tunkara, Youth Representative and Community Activist
- Dr. Lawalley Cole, Executive Director, Coalition on media and education for development, Africa Forum (CAFOR)