2 to 5 November 2020. Global Donor Platform for Rural Development Annual General Assembly (AGA), “Pathways for Food Systems Transformation”. The AGA virtual events will be held over a period of four days, from , through the Zoom platform. The events will be publicly streamed over the internet, and therefore accessible also to those who are not registered.
2-4 November 2020. VIRTUAL EVENT: FAO Regional Conference for Europe
3 November 2020. Nutrition and Livestock in Emergencies
3-4 November 2020. The Brazil Africa Forum
4 November 2020. Assessing predictors and metrics of diet quality in Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia: The intersection of agriculture, nutrition, and health
3-5 November 2020. Africa Food Environment Research Network (virtual) Meeting MEALS4NCDs project secretariat at the University of Ghana, objective: Identify current food environment research priorities for Africa.
5 November 2020. Technical Series on the conceptual framework for addressing acute malnutrition in Africa's drylands. Hosted by FAO and Tufts University: Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy
9 November 2020. “Covid-19: new challenge or new opportunity to enhance sustainability of agricultural and fisheries value chains in EU partner countries?”
9 November 2020. From Asia to Near East and North Africa: Multistakeholder engagement for transformation of food system to deliver healthy diet and improve nutrition
11-13 November 2020. Paris Peace Forum
- 12/11 SUPPORTING SMES IN AFRICA DURING AND AFTER COVID-19 CRISIS
- 12/11 FINANCING SUSTAINABLE FOOD SYSTEMS – PDBS AS CATALYSTS OF NEW INVESTMENT MODELS
12 November 2020. Technical Series on the conceptual framework for addressing acute malnutrition in Africa's drylands. Hosted by FAO and Tufts University: Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy
12 November 2020. @12:00 - 14:00 (GMT+2). Role of Public Policies in Supporting Innovation for Sustainable Agri-Food System Transformation in the NENA Region
16 November 2020. Advocating on transformational change for agri-food systems jointly organized by ACT-Alliance EU, Agroecology Europe, iPES-Food, FiBL and IFOAM Organics International.
Improve the productivity, resilience and competitiveness of European Animal Production
registration closes on 11 November
16 - 20 November 2020. High Level dialogue on realignment towards online teaching and learning in Universities: Learning from each other .The 16th Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM)
18 November 2020. 3:30 – 4:30 PM (Rome Time - CET). Organic matter management (Part 2) Supporting transformative change and transitions towards sustainable agriculture and food systems.
- Background to the EU-Africa Research and Innovation Partnership in FNSSA – European Commission
- The importance of the AU-EU Research and Innovation Partnership in FNSSA to the African research community – Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa
- The ‘Platform’ for the efficient and coherent implementation of the AU-EU Research and Innovation Partnership to be developed by LEAP4FNSSA; Role of the African research community (LEAP4FNSSA Project)
- Webinar series - Nutrition in a Digital World Episode 2
- Building upon UNSCN 45 - Nutrition in the Digital World, published in July 2020.
- The event will be recorded and published afterwards. If you missed Episode 1 - The challenges of digital food marketing, the recording and presentations are available on the UNSCN website.
- 23 November 2020. 10:00 – 11:30 (CET). An African Perspective on the 2021 Food Systems Summit This session is hosted by Africa Green Revolution Forum (AGRF)
- 23 November 2020. 14:45 - 16:00 (CET). Our Generation’s Challenge: Getting Young People Back into Farming. This session is hosted by One Young World, Scale Up Nutrition movement (SUN), UN Major Group for Children and Youth (UNMGCY), and the UN Food Systems Summit Secretariat
- 23 November 2020. 16:15 - 17:30 (CET). Forces for Financing Food Systems Transformation
This session will examine existing public, private and blended financial sources for each of the Action Tracks in support of the UN Food Systems Summit in 2021, and serve as a call for action to find new finance solutions and business models.
- 24 November 2020. 10:30 – 12:00 (CET) The Poultry Solution: Delivering More and Better Outcomes for Southern Africa Countries. Hosted by Bain, WEF and SACAU
- 24 November 2020. 10:30 – 12:00 (CET) Working together for resilient food systems: towards a Europe – Africa platform for research and innovation LEAP4FNSSA project together with RUFORUM and EFARD, is organising the panel
- 24 November 2020. 12:00 – 13:30 (CET) The Climakers - A farmers driven climate change agenda towards the sustainability of food systems This session is hosted by World Farmers' Organisation
- 24 November 2020. 12:00 – 13:30 (CET) Evidence for Desirable Food System Transformation
As a run-up to the UN Food System Summit, IFAD and WUR are partnering in addressing the above question in the IFAD Rural Development Report (RDR) 2021 (16 pages)
- 24 November 2020. 14:00 - 15:30CET. Food Action Alliance: Advancing Action in Africa This session is hosted by the Food Action Alliance and the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa, AGRA
- This will be the second of a series of events on the same topic, each with a regional perspective. The events will cover Africa, Asia, and Latin America.
- For more information on the Regional Series of Dialogues, check out this page.
- Organised by the International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD) together with the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) and the Inter-American Institute for Cooperation on Agriculture (IICA)
- 23/11 Blue Economy project - giz
- 24/11: Strengths of German manufacturers of food processing and packaging machinery
- 24/11 Private public partnership with GIZ (German Development Agency)
- 24/11 Cold chain development in a developing economy
- 24/11 Ethiopia's food & beverage industry
- 25/11 The future of agribusiness
- 25/11 Financing opportunities for agritech startups
- 25/11 Financing the agriculture value chain in Nigeria
- 25/11 Beyond simple supports: responsible business creates added value
- 25/11 The impacts of AfCFTA for the agrofood and plast/print/pack industry in Ethiopia
- 25/11 Positioning Nigeria’s agrofood & food processing industry for the AfCFTA post COVID-19
- 26/11 Federal government supporting German SMEs heading for Africa
- 24/11 Strengthening Partnership for Agricultural Research, Technology and Mutual Accountability: the case of the EU-funded CAADP-XP4 Program: Launch of CAADP-XP4 programme
- 24/11 Mobilization of stakeholder support and ownership of the Europe-Africa roadmap on Food, Nutrition Security and Sustainable Agriculture (FNSSA)
- 24/11 Unlocking domestic investments to make science and innovation work for agricultural development in Africa: Incl. Mr. Christoph Larose Head of Sector—Sustainable Agriculture, European Commission, DG-DEVCO.
- GIZ in collaboration with the ANH Academy has prepared for you and your colleagues a series of webinars on using social and behaviour change (SBC) for improved agriculture and nutrition.
- first four webinars (first, second, third and fourth – new!) and view additional resources
25 November 2020. 2-3.15pm (GMT) Food systems of the poor: shaping the agenda for the Food Systems Summit. In the lead up to the UN Food Systems Summit in 2021, this IIED event will discuss how food systems transformation can be relevant for people living in poverty.
- MDD-W in the context of healthy diets and food system transformation - Ms. Carla Montesi, Director in DG DEVCO (European Commission)
- Ethiopia: Using MDD-W for EUD programming - Mr. Pierre-Luc Vanhaeverbeke, Nutrition focal point (EUD)
26 - 27 November 2020. FACCE-JPI 10 Year Event
- The Joint Programming Initiative on Agriculture, Food Security and Climate Change (FACCE-JPI) celebrates its ten year anniversary by engaging in a high-level science-policy discussion.
- The aim is threefold, i) highlighting the European societal challenges including the key research concerns, ii) exploring potential new pathways by showcasing the past scientific results, and iii) prioritisation of the science–policy discussion together with the national and European decision makers about the strategic urgencies.
1 December 2020. Virtual Event - The New Nutrition Reality: Time to Recognize and Tackle the Double Burden of Malnutrition! Organised by IFPRI
- The webinar will focus on core elements of food systems, external drivers, and political economy issues that facilitate or impede important changes in food systems. Critical gaps in our knowledge regarding the tradeoffs between targets embedded in the SDGs will be explored and there will also be an extensive discussion of policies that can bring about dramatic changes in food systems. After the presentation, two commenters will reflect on the topic focusing on the Ethiopian context, followed by discussion of audience questions.
- Incl. Dr. Namukolo Covic - Sr. Research Coordinator, IFPRI, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- The two-part webinar series are looking to increase awareness and understanding of the Horizon 2020 (i.e. H2020) research and innovation programme and opportunities for African organisations. In particular, the webinars will focus on the 'Accelerating the green transition and energy access Partnership with Africa (TOPIC ID: LC-GD-2-3-2020)’ call which is currently open.
- The first session is mainly aimed at African organisations (e.g. research organisations, start-ups, NGOs, tech-hubs, corporate innovations) interested in learning more about H2020 and application procedures. The second session (i.e. matchmaking) is aimed at European and African organisations looking to connect with potential partners for the Africa Green Deal call. You can participate in one or both sessions.
- Draft report “Agricultural Tertiary and Vocational Education and Training (ATVET) in Africa: Overview and integration within broader agricultural knowledge and innovation systems" by Richard Hawkins of iCRA
6-9 December 2020. Montpellier, France. 4th International Conference on Global Food Security. Achieving local and global food security: at what costs?