28 February 2023. Harnessing Technology in the Circular Economy for Climate Action in Africa recording available
- Across a diverse range of sectors – including agriculture and food systems, the built environment, e-waste, plastics, and textiles – innovative technologies are serving as key enablers of the circular economy in Africa and beyond.
- This webinar fostered an evidence-based exchange of views and sharing of experiences among GFAR members and networks on the nature and impacts of fertilizer shortages and price hikes in their regions.
27 February 2023. Horizon Europe South African National Contact Points’ Network Announcement & Presentation of Work Programme 2023-2024 and its Africa Initiative II – Focus on South Africa - recordings available
Similar events explained how to apply to these calls for proposals.
- 24 January 2023. Horizon Europe – Africa Initiative II - Focus on Kenya
- 1 February 2023. Launch event Horizon Europe Launch Event – Focus on WP 2023-2024 and Africa Initiative II
- 1 February 2023. Événement de lancement d'Horizon Europe - Focus sur le WP 2023-2024 et l'Initiative Afrique II
- 6 February 2023. Virtual Event “Horizon Europe – Africa Initiative II: Focus on Rwanda
- 8 February 2023. Horizon Europe Nigerian National Contact Points’ Network Launch Event & Presentation of Work Programme 2023-2024 and its Africa Initiative II – Focus on Nigeria
- 9 February 2023. Webinar sur le programme-cadre Horizon Europe pour la Recherche et l’Innovation – Focus sur le Programme de travail (PT) 2023-2024 et l'Initiative Afrique II et les opportunités pour le Sénégal
- 9 February 2023. Horizon Europe Launch Event – Focus on WP 2023-2024 and Africa Initiative II - Focus on Ethiopia
- 14 February 2023. Horizon Europe Launch Event – Focus on WP 2023-2024 and Africa Initiative II, Mauritius
- 15 February 2023. Événement virtuel « Horizon Europe –WP 2023-2024: focus sur l'initiative méditerranéenne »
- 16 February 2023. Virtual Event “Horizon Europe –WP 2023-2024: Focus on the Mediterranean Initiative”
- 27 February 2023. Horizon Europe South African National Contact Points’ Network Announcement & Presentation of Work Programme 2023-2024 and its Africa Initiative II – Focus on South Africa
- Experts from International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), Wageningen Economic Research (WEcR), and the Agricultural Model Intercomparison and Improvement Project (AgMIP) spoke about their work on the use of computer modeling in the foresight process.
23 February 2023. Fertilizers Disrupted: Time to Embrace innovation - Recording forthcoming22 February 2023. Launch Event of the Digitally Enabled Resilience and Nutrition Policy Innovations (DERPIn) Project - recording available
- This webinar from the World Bank is the first in this new series under the Food Systems Innovation webinar series and are dedicated at showcasing a range of innovations and discussing how the government can use and/or support the scaling up of these innovations for sustainable soil fertility management.
- In order to support improved planning and decision-making across food systems, AKADEMIYA2063 has recently been awarded a grant by Germany’s Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) to implement the DERPIn project
- This IFAD Governing Council side event was a deep-dive into food systems transformation, what it is all about, the role of small-scale farmers in achieving it, and how it can be financed.
GC2023 Food Water Energy Nexus Panel- recording available
- GC2023 Private Sector finance for small producers climate adaptation - recording available
13 – 15 February 2023. 6th G-STIC Conference in Rio de Janeiro
- 15/02 Innovative approaches and technologies for building climate resilient food systems - recording available
- 15 /02 Plenary session: Biodiversity - recording available
9 February 2023. Taking Stock of Africa’s Agrifood Processing Sector. Key findings of the 2022 ReSAKSS Annual Trends and Outlook Report on Agrifood Processing Strategies for Successful Food Systems Transformation in Africa - recording available
1 February 2023. IFPRI Seminar, The future of food and agriculture: Drivers and triggers for transformation - recording available
- This policy seminar, co-organized by FAO, IFPRI, and the CGIAR Research Initiative on Foresight, was an opportunity to hear from the report’s authors and engage with a group of panel discussants on challenges facing food and agriculture, foresight approaches to exploring alternative future pathways, and opportunities for food system transformation, with particular focus on the Americas