- The workshop is organized as part of the project “RLC Platform for Young East African Scientists – Improving the Productivity and Resilience of Smallholder Farming” which is jointly conducted by the RLC Campus Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF), University of Bonn, Ger-many, the ‘Alternative Nobel Prize’ awarded organization Biovision Africa Trust, Nairobi, Kenya, the RLC Campus Lund, Centre for Sustainability Studies (LUCSUS), Lund University, Sweden, among other partners.
- Who can apply? PhD students from East Africa that are currently completing their PhD at an East African university. The deadline is March 6, 2022
- See background
6 - 8 April 2022. Food Crisis Prevention Network (RPCA) restricted meeting
7 April 2022. The Africa Agri-Tech Development Forum: Supporting Agricultural Innovation and Food Manufacturing with Effective Trade and Industrial Policy
- 07/04 Webinar 1: Understanding Soil Health
- 14/04 Webinar 2: How to Restore Soil Health
- 20/04 Webinar 3: Proof Soil Regeneration Works
- 27/04 Webinar 4: Careers in Soil Regeneration
- Working Group 4: ‘SUSTAINABLE AGRIFOOD SYSTEMS
- Working Group 5: ‘CIRCULAR ECONOMY
- Three years into the implementation of the Initiative, this webinar aims at sharing initial achievements, success stories and collective understanding of the enabling environment that takes agroecology forward on the ground, in different contexts and at different levels.
- Check out the programme and register here or follow via webcast.
- FAO Family Farming & Agroecology Community of Practice in Africa is implementing an e-discussion on “The co-creation, sharing and dissemination of local innovations for healthy soils in Africa”,
- co-organized by Access Agriculture, Alliance for Food Sovereignty in Africa (AFSA), Biovision Africa Trust, FAO Family Farming Knowledge Platform, FAO Agroecology Knowledge Hub, FAO TECA Platform, Pan-African Farmers Organization (PAFO), and World Rural Forum.
- During this event, the GDPRD’s WHITE PAPER on “Transforming Food Systems- Directions for Enhancing the Catalytic Role of Donors” will be presented.
- The paper attempts to provide a menu of options for donor engagement in food systems transformation, with focuses on coordination, structural barriers to change, and the importance of systemic approaches.
- This event will look at the actions that are needed to create enabling environments, leverage different pools of capital at the right time, for specific needs, while involving communities and bringing them along in the global low-carbon, resilient transition.
- This is a partnership between Village Capital and The Lightsmith Group accelerating 16 companies across Africa and Asia.
- Slot 1 - Absolute Water, Agtuall, Congretype, Freezelink, Hiraya Water, Komunidad Global, Ship60, Worldtech Consult.
- Slot 2 - Agromyx, Aumsat, Cadel Consulting, Crop2X, EF Polymer, Kitovu Technology, Rwanda Bio Solution, Zr3i
- Brief overviews of these companies are available here:
- Slot 1 companies: https://bit.ly/3u9JYsI
- Slot 2 companies: https://bit.ly/3DIV0YU
- The overall purpose of the regional interaction is: to re-engage and strengthen the GFAR partnership; to give an update on GFAR and our current EC project; to exchange about the recommendations of the independent evaluation that was conducted in 2018; and to prepare for a Partners’ Assembly
- how to foster, scale, and accelerate innovation across the UN System.
- Upon request of the UN Secretary-General, the UN Innovation Toolkit was developed under the leadership of the UN System Chief Executives Board for Coordination (CEB) in close collaboration with the UN Innovation Network and innovators from 30+ UN Entities. The toolkit has been entrusted to UN System Staff College (UNSSC) to ensure dissemination and integration into relevant capacity building and innovation efforts.
- The online seminar, is organized by the Global Landscapes Forum (GLF) and the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) alongside the XV World Forestry Congress.
- This opportunity is open for all journalists from around the world with a passion for learning and raising awareness about the essential role of forests in the global sustainable agenda.
3-5 May 2022. 4th International Conference on Animal Health Surveillance - Bridging Science and Policy - Copenhagen, Denmark.
- offer young innovators a platform to exchange views on how technology can help individuals make climate-friendly consumer choices, how impactful they are, and the concrete results of such climate tech tools.
11-13 May 2022. 15th Edition eLearning Africa Kigali, Rwanda.
16-18 May 2022. ISF World Seed Congress
7 June 2022. World Food Safety Day
17 June 2022. World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought
20 June - 1 July 2022. The Agriculture, Nutrition and Health Academy conference. The call for abstracts is now open.
21-22 June 2022 European Development Days (EDD 2022) – taking place in Brussels and online. The 15th edition will focus on “Global Gateway: building sustainable partnerships for a connected world.”
22 - 24 June 2022. Jobs, innovation and rural value chains in the context of climate transition: Bridging the gap between research and policy by IFAD
- This high-level conference will bring together stakeholders of microbiome research and the wider food system to discuss opportunities and challenges for harnessing the potential of microbiomes in the agri-food sector, and for human, animal and environmental health.
12-15 July 2022. FAO-CIRAD international conference on Geographical Indication.
14-20 August 2022. 31st International Horticultural Congress, IHC2022, Angers, France
- virtually and in Paris, France
- The congress underlines the theme “Harnessing the Latest Innovations and Laying Foreground for Future of Food Science and Technology.”
7-18 November 2022. UN COP27: Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt