IFPRI’s modeling work on the impacts of the Ukraine crisis is supported by the UK’s Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office, the U.S. Agency for International Development, and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and benefitted from working with two CGIAR’s research initiatives: Foresight and Metrics and National Policies and Strategies.
This is the sixth event in an IFPRI seminar series on Food and Fertilizer Price Trends: Impacts on global food security.
IntroductionJohan Swinnen, Global Director, CGIAR Systems Transformation Science Group & Director General, IFPRI
Overview of methodology and key results of IFPRI’s impact and policy response analysisXinshen Diao, Deputy Division Director, Development Strategy and Governance Division, IFPRI
James Thurlow, Senior Research Fellow, IFPRI
Key Considerations for Nigeria
- Bedru Balana, Research Fellow, IFPRI
- Sugra Mahmood, Deputy Director, Irrigation agriculture and crop development, Federal Department of Agriculture, Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD)
- Surendra Srivastava, Head, Fertilizer Marketing, Indorama Eleme Fertilizers and Chemicals Ltd., Abuja, Nigeria
- Lensa Omune, Research Officer, IFPRI
- Peter Odhiambo Owoko, Head: Policy Coordination, Directorate of Agricultural Policy Research and Regulations, State Department For Crop Development & Agricultural Research
- Anthony Kioko, Chief Executive Officer, Cereal Growers Association