The congress hosted more than 40 symposia, covering a range of topics under the theme 'Sustaining Lives, Livelihoods and Landscapes'. As well as the main congress, 17 additional international meetings were held at the centre in conjunction with the event.
- The Role of Horticulture in USAID’s Agricultural Research Strategy and the Feed the Future Initiative - John Bowman
- Assessing the Benefits of Ongoing, NGO-Driven Agricultural Extension Services: Lima Rural Development, Foundation’s Impact on Smallholders in Umzimkhulu, South Africa - Amy Thom, Nomonde Jonas, Gerald Ortmann, Michael Lyne
- Linking African Indigenous Vegetable (AIVS) with Health and Nutrition of HIC/AIDS Patients and Their Families in Western Kenya - S.C. Weller, P. Obura, J. Simon
- Impacts of Climate Change on Accumulated Chill Units at Selected Fruit Production Sites in South Africa - Phumudzo Charles Tharaga, Gesine Coetzer, Stephan Steyn
- Discrimination of Pomegranate Fruit at Different Harvest Dates by Instrumental and Sensory Measurements in Consideration of Long Supply Chains - Olaniyi Fawole, Lan Chan, Umezuruike Opara
- On-Farm Musa Germplasm Diversity Status Across Different Agro-Ecologies in the North and South Kivu Provinces of Eastern Democratic Republic of Congo - Walter Ocimati, Deborah Karamura, Charles Sivirihauma, Vigheri Ndungo, Edmond De Langhe, Joseph Adheka, Benoit Dheda, Jules Ntamwira, Honoré Muhindo, Guy Blomme
Presentation by Leigh Morris (RBGE) as part of the '7th International Symposium on Horticultural Education, Research, Training & Consultancy'