The objectives of the 2014 ADFNS were:
- To highlight key characteristics of an enabled environment necessary to advance food and nutrition security
- To facilitate mutual learning and experience sharing with a view to strengthening and deepening country engagements and ownership to advancement of the food and nutrition security agenda;
- To facilitate broad-based and inclusive consultations, and dialogue among all relevant stakeholders with the view to strengthen hunger eradication efforts at national level.De Gauche à Droite: S.E Jean Michel Dumond,Union Européenne, Dr Mustapha Kaloko, UA
- To consolidate active political commitments by, notably, committing national resources for operationalisation of scale up of programmes geared to ending hunger, achieving food security and adequate nutrition, and promoting sustainable agriculture.
Ambassadeur et Chef de la Délégation de l’Union Européenne en RDC, S.E Jean Michel Dumond.
The outcomes of the 2014 edition of the ADFNS are as follows:
- Enhanced level of awareness of the importance of an enabled environment and national institutions governance, and engagement among a broad spectrum of African citizenry (legislators, farmers organisations, CSOs, women and youth groups, private sector, etc.) to attain food and nutrition security;
- Renewed demonstrable political commitment by African leaders to champion hunger eradication and nutrition programmes to the forefront; and
- Renewed demonstrable commitment by Africa’s partners to align, harmonize and coordinate programmes that ensure mutual accountability for results.
- Renewed demonstrable commitment by Member States, supported by Development Partners, to develop national capacities for better data and information management.
- Africa Day for Food and Nutrition Security Concept note [DOWNLOAD]
- Symposium on Sustainable Indigenous African Diets for Food and Nutrition Security Concept note [DOWNLOAD]
- Draft programme [DOWNLOAD]
- L’alimentation traditionnelle et le terroir pour la sécurité alimentaire et nutritionnelle
- Des régimes alimentaires traditionnels pour une sécurité alimentaire et nutritionnelle pérennes