The aim of the consultation was to highlight constraints and opportunities for more inclusive and balanced partnerships establishment, and elaborating a common view of what European NGOs and farmer’s organizations should promote into PAEPARD.
Based on results of the previous consultations and of the PAEPARD project, the consultation will allow to discuss about important questions raised by the previous consultations and the first results of the PAEPARD project:
o What role for FOs and what complementarity with others stakeholders for:
- The translation of farmers needs in research questions (link with the base, formulation ...)
- The dissemination of research results
- The indigenous knowledge ‘s capitalization and exchange
o How to formalize partnerships between FOs and others stakeholders inside agricultural research institutions, at level of
- Funding and governance mechanisms
- Choice of research topics
The first question was expected to feed Work Package 3 (Communication), WP4 (Capacity building) and WP5 (Brokerage), while the second is expected to feed more specifically the WP6 (Advocacy).
Cheikh Oumar Ba
Ann Waters Bayer