This seminar aimed at casting the spotlight on the globally malfunctioning food system that does not respect the right to food of millions of people. To address this systematic failure, the panelists, compounded of practitioners and policy-makers, discussed how to prevent another crisis of this scale and the role that the EU can play in reaching long lasting sustainable solutions.
- Mark Breusers, Project officer responsible for food security development programmes in the Horn of Africa with Caritas Belgium International and lecturer at Leuven University, on economic anthropology, cultures and development representing Caritas Europa via Caritas Belgium
- Kristalina Georgieva, European Commissioner for International Cooperation, Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Response
- Fran Equiza, Regional Director - Horn, East and Central Africa, Oxfam GB
- Ann Waters-Bayer, Senior advisor, ETC EcoCulture
- Nazanine Moshiri, Moderator of the panel, Al Jazeera English
- Ricardo Cortés Lastra MEP, discussant and opener of the debate
Watch the replay video of the panel: "How to Prevent Another Famine in the Horn of Africa"