The purification and reuse of wastewater in combination with efficient use of water is the only sustainable way to solve the problem in water scarce region in Africa and all over the world. The high costs of conventional treatment processes have lead experts and authorities to search for creative, efficient and environmentally sound ways to control water pollution. The development of simple and cost effective Biotechnological water treatment technologies is particularly interesting for African countries.
The Biotechnological water treatment methods proposed in this project include Membrane bioreactor (MBR), Bio-desalination, neutralization and heavy metal removal, the nutrient film techniques and the tricking filter.
The Conference will provide an opportunity to bring environmentalist, water specialist, professors, scientists,engineers, and technicians’ from all the corners of Africa, Europe, Asia, and USA under one roof and discuss the major challenges of Water Biotechnology and sustainable water supply in Africa. This will also provide an opportunity for the international partners in the field to share their experiences and develop networking with regional scientists.
- Verein zur Förderung des Technologietransfers an der Hochschule Bremerhaven e.V. (TTZ) (Germany)
- Bioazul S.L. (BIOAZUL) (Spain)
- Center De Biotechnologie De SFAX – (CBS) (Tunisia)
- Universität Für Bodenkultur Wien (BOKU) (Austria)
- Institute of Membrane Technology (ITM) (Italy)
- University Of Bath (UoB) (United Kingdom)
- Centre International Des Technologies De L'Environnement De Tunis (CITET) (Tunisia)
- International Water Management Institute (IWMI) (Ghana)
- Universite Paul Cezanne Aix Marseille III (UPCAM) (France)
- Universitat Politecnica De Catalunya (UPC) (Spain)
- Centre Regional Pour L'eau Potable Et L'assainissement A Faible Cout (CREPA) (Burkina Faso)
- Universität Bremen (UNI Bremen) (Germany)
- National Research Center (NRC) (Egypt)
- Centre De Développent Des Energies Renouvelables (CDER) (Algeria)
- Université Cheikh Anta Diop De Dakar (UCAD) (Senegal)
- Université Cadi Ayyad (UCA) (Morocco)
- King Saud University (KSU) (Saudi Arabia)