Hosted by the ACP-EU Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA) and the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA), with the support of many other organisations, the conference takes a novel, market-based approach to solving the challenge of how smallholder farmers can continue to play a major role in meeting consumer demand at domestic, regional and international levels.
This unique four day event brought together international experts and practitioners to:
CTA director Michael Hailu and
Jethro Greene, Caribbean Farmers Network
- discuss how best to incorporate smallholders into value chains to promote agricultural and rural development,
- debate how to transform smallholders into entrepreneurs,
- identify conditions necessary to create a broader and more solid knowledge base for the promotion of sustainable value chains,
- identify training and information-sharing needs.
- share the floor with key experts and debate how best to incorporate smallholders into value chains and help foster entrepreneurship.
- discover best practices and lessons learned from leading organisations around the world in a dynamic environment.
- play your part and join representatives from the private sector, government, civil society, and farmer organisations in discussing ways of promoting sustainable agricultural value chains.
2012 - Value ChainsFull details and download