The workshops were aimed to catalyze changes in the strategies and practices in the utilization of AnGR within Sub-Saharan Africa. Prior to the three workshops, a survey of participant expectations and what they experience and think as they work with animal genetic resources was conducted.
The Gabarone workshop 26 to 29 November 2013.
PIC: The representatives of SLU, ILRI, CCARDESA
- The main objectives of the workshops were expressed as catalyzing and enhancing regional collaboration in order to:
- Improve university teaching including MSc and PhD training in animal breeding and genetics for sustainable use of AnGR
- Plan and undertake research for development in prioritized areas of AnGR
- Implement improved conservation and breeding programs for sustainable use of identified AnGR.
- Improve capacity development including outreach activities in relevant areas.