The International Quinoa Conference 2016: “Quinoa for Future Food and Nutrition Security in Marginal Environments”.
This conference provided a unique platform for discussions on ecological, economic and social aspects related to introducing quinoa for sustainable agricultural production in marginal environments.
- Brought together leading scientists, practitioners and decision-makers from the public and private sectors in a mix conducive to innovation and technology transfer
- Explorec opportunities for collaboration between the public and private sectors
- Showcasec the latest developments in quinoa research, production and trade around the world
- Highlightdc quinoa uses and niche market opportunities
- Connectdc young professionals to experienced professionals
- The worldwild potential of quinoa - Jacobson S.E. Copenhagen of University, Denmark
- Quinoa introduction in West-Africa: experience of Burkina Faso - Dao A., Institute of Environment and Agricultural Research (INERA), Burkina Faso
- Adaptability of quinoa in Eastern and Southern Africa: Potential implications for food security and climate change adaptation - Mukankusi C., International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT), Uganda
- Quinoa performance under the hot- dry weather of Sudan - Maarouf I.M., Former National Consultant of the FAO quinoa project in Sudan, Sudan
- Performance of quinoa genotypes in different ecological areas of central districts in Malawi -
- Muhota P.T., Lilongwe University of Agriculture and Natural Resources (LUANAR), Malawi
- Adaptability of quinoa to adverse climatic and soil conditions - Boukary H., Director of Regional Center of Agronomic Research, Niger
- Quinoa adaptability, participatory varietal selection and recipe development in Kenya - Wanderi S., Kenya Agricultural and Livestock Research Organisation (KALRO), Kenya