Agtech Leaders Summit to support government, industry and science as hundreds of experts convened to find new ways to ensure sufficient, competitive, safe, and sustainable food production.
Extract of the programme:Biopesticides, biostimulants and microbial productsBiopesticides, biostimulants and microbial products are becoming a hot topic in agriculture. We will look at its opportunities and challenges to understand how the industry is using recent advancements for healthier soils, plants and ultimately bigger yields and what the future holds.
- David Cary, Executive Director, International Biocontrol Manufacturers Association (IBMA)
- Ed Moerman, Knowledge Manager, Koppert Biological Systems
- Dr D. Ry Wagner, Chief Executive Officer, Agrinos
- Moderator: Niels Louwaars, Director, Plantum
- Julie Borlaug, Associate Director, Borlaug Institute External Relations, Texas A&M University
- Prof Dr Heiner Niemann, Institute of Farm Animal Genetics, Friedrich-Loeffler-Institut, Federal Research Institute for Animal Health
- Dr René Smulders, Business unit manager and group leader, Plant Breeding, Wageningen University & Research (WUR)
- Dr Monika Messmer, Department of Crop Sciences, Research Institute of Organic Agriculture (FiBL)
- Moderator: Christine Gould, Founder and CEO, Thought For Food Foundation
- Keynote Address: Dr. Kanayo F. Nwanze, Former President, The International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD)
- Dr. Barbara Wells, Director General, International Potato Centre
- Robert Berlin, Head of Agricultural Services, Syngenta Foundation for Sustainable Agriculture