6 June 2018. Brussels. MIGRATION AND AGRI-FOOD SYSTEMS, CAUSES AND SOLUTIONS
The International Forum on Food and Nutrition, organized by the Barilla Center for Food and Nutrion (BCFN) in partnership with the Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS) and the United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Network (UN SDSN) shared ideas and experiences in ways that inspire new partnerships and innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges.
- Every year, the BCFN Foundation organises the International Forum on Food and Nutrition: an event founded to provide an open space for interdisciplinary discussion on issues of nutrition and sustainability.
- Experts, international opinion-makers and young research fellows meet in an event founded to share evidence, scientific data and best practices, with the goal of creating a model of sustainable food to reach the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Keynote speech: Transforming Africa’s food and agriculture systems to stem the tide of migration Agnes M. Kalibata President, Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA)
Panel debate: What model of rural development can bring the most benefit to Europe and the Mediterranean region?
- Sébastien Abis Director, Club DEMETER - Associate Research Fellow, French Institute for International and Strategic Affairs (IRIS)
- Roberto Ridolfi Special Adviser on Strategy and Financing Development, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) – Rome
- Myriam Perez Director, Young Professionals for Agricultural Development (YPARD)
- Mohamed Ahmed Wageih Director of Social Innovation and Business Incubation Center, SEKEM Development Foundation
- Faris Farrag Founder and CEO Bustan Aquaponics
Bustan Aquaponics offers an innovating, modern form of agriculture, which contributes to water conversation, food security, production of clean, healthy food, and zero waste, through efficient reuse and recycling systems.
- Oscar Ekponimo Founder and CEO, Chowberry
He is a recipient of the prestigious Rolex Award for Enterprise in Applied Technology. For his work on Chowberry which to date has impacted over 20,000 disadvantaged families in Nigeria facing food poverty.
- Majeda Khouri Chef, Migrateful