|Head of Cooperation for the Delegation of the European Union |
to the Republic of South Africa, Mr. Bernard Rey and
Director of Food, Agriculture and Natural Resources,
Mr Domingos Gove
The GCCA+ Contribution Agreement is funded to the tune of €8 million, through the 11th European Development Fund, for a period of 4 years, with an implementation timeframe running up to June 2023.
The programme aims to support SADC governments, regional organisations, private and public sector, to deliver on the following areas:
- Strengthen the capacity of SADC Member States to undertake regional and national adaptation and mitigation actions in response to the challenges caused by the effects of global climate change and climate variability.
- Facilitate implementation of the provisions of the Paris Agreement on Climate Change in SADC.
- Facilitate the sharing of knowledge and experience with other ACP regional organisations, including South-South Cooperation.
- Assist to design pilot projects on adaptation in several MS.
- Support Universities and Research Centres from the SADC Region in the development of innovative solutions to climate change challenges.