12 January 2021. Virtual Event - CGIAR COVID-19 Hub: Supporting National Responses to a Global Pandemic. Co-Organized by IFPRI and CGIAR COVID-19 HubPODCAST
As the global leader in agricultural research, CGIAR took action in the earliest days of the pandemic to counter the potentially devastating impact on food security and nutrition worldwide. The CGIAR COVID-19 Hub mobilizes multidisciplinary research and innovation in support of national response efforts.
This seminar brought together researchers and national partners from Bangladesh and Ethiopia, the Hub’s pilot countries, to reflect on progress made and lessons learned. Looking ahead, national partners from Malawi, Nigeria, and other countries joining the Hub will also consider key priorities for future COVID-19 research and response, including mitigating threats to food systems that could arise from similar shocks moving ahead.
- Opening + moderation: John McDermott, Director, A4NH and co-lead, CGIAR COVID-19 Hub (Presentation)
- Kundhavi Kadiresan, Managing Director for Global Engagement and Innovation, CGIAR
- Zubairu Abdullahi, Director, Planning and Policy Coordination Department, Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, Nigeria
- Amjath Babu, Agricultural Economist, Modeling and Targeting, (CIMMYT) (Presentation)
- Shaikh Mohammad Bokhtiar, Executive Chairman, Bangladesh Agricultural Research Council
- Godfrey Chingoma, Director of Crop Development, Ministry of Agriculture, Malawi
- Siboniso Moyo, Director General’s representative in Ethiopia, (ILRI) (Presentation)
- Ekaterina Krivonos, Deputy Director, Programs, CGIAR System Organization (Presentation)
- Thanda Kyi, Deputy Director General, Department of Planning at the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Irrigation, Myanmar (via pre-recorded video message)
- Closing Remarks - Kundhavi Kadiresan, Managing Director for Global Engagement and Innovation, CGIAR