7 July 2020. Webinar. “The Global Impact of Climate Change”. By Yale International Alliance. This
Climate change connects us all – the magnitude of its effects on the interdependency between the global environment and human society may jeopardize our survival as a species in the not-too-distant future. And yet efforts to mitigate the looming risk of climate change are often uncoordinated and conflicting, differing from country to country and industry to industry. What does it mean to be a Global Citizen in the face of this reality?
This panel discussed how we can use interdependence of our own to counter the threat that climate change poses and the role that Global Citizenship can – and should – play in tackling this vital issue.
- Devrim Celal ’96 MPPM (moderator), CEO, Upside Energy
- Marc DuBois ’81, Independent humanitarian analyst/consultant; Senior Fellow at SOAS; former Executive Director at Medicins Sans Frontieres-UK/IE
- Gernot Laganda, 2016 World Fellow; Director, Climate and Disaster Risk Reduction, UN World Food Programme
- Susan Tambi Matambo ’04 MEM, Senior Environmental Specialist, World Bank
- Adrien Couton, 2011 World Fellow; Vice President, Americas Sustainability Services, Engie Impact, and Principal, Firefly