- This inventory should help identify a) individuals and organizations that are or have recently been engaged in such forward-thinking activities and b) what future scenarios were envisaged. It is open to anyone who has engaged in this type of activity over the past five years.
- The objectives of this inventory are to inform: i) whether and how these activities have helped to change the research and innovation in agriculture and rural development and ii) what the major challenges are for the future.
- This inventory will contribute to the operation of the Global Foresight Hub which will enable all those engaged in forward thinking to share experiences, advances, to exchange with others on tools and methods, and to get linked with decision makers (see http://www.egfar.org).
Blog post on African foresight capacity:
31 Mar 2010. Parallel session "Thinking forward: better predicting and adressing future needs"on 30th of March at the GCARD conference in Montpellier. Interview with Ralph Von Kaufmann (FARA) "Without their own foresight capacity, GFAR developing regions cannot properly assert their perspectives in discussions and consultations on international agricultural research in which they have the greatest vested interest.
Other relevant postings:
- Conference on Scientific Support for Food Security and ... Oct 12, 2011. The European Commission's Joint Research Centre and the UK Government Office for Science (Foresight) co-organised on 30 March 2011 in Brussels a High Level Seminar
- Role of food and agriculture research at the UN high level meeting Sept. 7, 2011. Presentation by Tim Lang, City University London, at the IFPRI Policy Seminar
- Leveraging Agriculture for Improving Nutrition and Health February 10 - 12, 2011 IFPRI 2020 conference at a glance : Leveraging Agriculture for Improving Nutrition and Health
- The Future of Food and Farming: Challenges and ... Feb 01, 2011. 'The Future of Food and Farming: Challenges and choices for global sustainability' report by the British government’s Foresight think tank
- PAEPARD: Agrimonde. Scenarios and Challenges for Feeding the ... Jan 14, 2011. A book summarizing the report on the Agrimonde foresight study initiated by CIRAD and INRA on global agriculture and food between now and 2050.
- Assessments/Projections/Foresights on Agricultural research for Development 25th-26th February. 2010 Second workshop of the Assessments/Projections/Foresights Seminar
- The pro business approach to agricultural development 26th of February 2010. Interview with professor Michel Petit (ex World Bank) (CIHEAM-IAMM) at the Foresight meeting held at CTA
- Interview with Hans Herren on innovative partnerships 26th of February 2010. Interview with Hans Herren at the Foresight meeting held at CTA