The MoU describes a strategic partnership under the Comprehensive Africa Agriculture Development Programme (CAADP) of the AUC and CGIAR Consortium to facilitate, “enhanced coordination, collaboration, and alignment between CGIAR Consortium members and initiatives and those of African agricultural research and development organizations at the country, sub-regional, and continental levels with regard to their respective priorities, objectives, and programs for increased agricultural productivity in Africa.”
- a research alignment plan that coordinates research programs with CAADP National Investment Plans;
- a Science and Technology Agenda for African Agriculture;
- a joint plan to support regional and sub-regional research activities;
- the development of joint African and CGIAR technology platforms;
- technical support;
- and joint sharing of information and knowledge.