At the core of the GSP is the establishment of Regional Soil Partnerships to contextualize the needs and priorities of soil actions to be implemented in each region. This workshop launched the West and Central African consultation among national soil institutions and regional partners.
|Launch of GSP in Western and Central Africa|
- the promotion of sustainable management of soil resources;
- the encouragement of investment, technical cooperation, policy, education awareness and extension in soils;
- the promotion of targeted soil research and development focused on identified gaps and priorities;
- the enhancement of the quantity and quality of soil data and information;
- and lastly, the harmonization of methods, measurements and indicators for sustainable soil management, with national validation accounting for the differences of production systems and ecosystems.