2nd ASARECA General Assembly and Scientific Conference.
The theme : “Transforming Agriculture for Economic Growth in Eastern and Central Africa”, was chosen because ASARECA sees improved delivery and impact of scientific knowledge, policy options and technologies as powerful instruments to drive the sub-region towards economic growth, poverty reduction, eradication of hunger and enhancement of sustainable use of resources.
- Improving investments in Agriculture.
- Natural resource management.
- Increasing agricultural productivity.
- Markets and trade.
- Knowledge management for greater impacts.
- Building capacity for agricultural transformation.