"Research must respond to farmers needs" said Motsepe Matlala, President of National African Farmers Union of South Africa, representing Farmers at the 1st CCARDESA GA
The General Assembly included to:
- Elect the Chairperson of the General Assembly;
- Recommend to State Parties Ministers, for approval, regional research and development priorities for CCARDESA;
- Approve, monitor and evaluate the CCARDESA strategic direction;
- Appoint, renew or terminate the services of external auditors for CCARDESA;
- Recommend, to State Parties Ministers, new members on CCARDESA Board identified by the sitting Board;
- Form its own committees, as necessary.