research and development for a food secure future. SciDev.Net talks to him about his priorities for achieving food security in Sub-Saharan Africa, some successes and key research challenges of CGIAR consortium. See article
He answers following questions:
- After two years in office, what have been your priority areas of action and key achievements?
- What are some of your focus areas in the next few years, especially for Sub-Saharan Africa, and why?
- Why is it that many African countries are still food insecure?
- What is CGIAR consortium doing to address these challenges?
- Africa is grappling with youth unemployment. How can the youth be enticed to agriculture?