4-5 June 2014. Cologne, Germany. Deutsche Investitions - und Entwicklungsgesellschaft (DEG) headquarters. The Africa Finance & Investment Forum (AFIF) is an annual business networking event organized in the framework of EMRC international’s activities, aimed at strengthening the private sector in Africa, encouraging entrepreneurship and attracting investment in the African continent.
The Forum was preceded by a two day training on "Sources of Funding” (2-3 June 2014).
Extract: Plenary Session III: Developing a sustainable Agribusiness Sector: Increasing access to finance in Agribusiness
- Presentation of the “Africa Agriculture & Trade Investment Fund”
- Value proposition for balancing private and public investments in managing agricultural risks in family farm agribusinesses in Africa
- Intra-regional and intercontinental trade in Agri-food, experiences, opportunities and challenges
|Jonathan N. Agwe|
- Anne-Katrin Gruenewald, Fund Manager Africa Agriculture and Trade Investment Fund – Deutsche Bank, Germany
- Jonathan N. Agwe, Rural Finance Adviser – IFAD, Italy
- Toshiaki Ono, Agribusiness Officer (Finance and
Toshiaki Ono Jean Panti
- Philippe Tokpanou, Special adviser to the President – ECOWAS TEN and EXPECT Initiative Lead Facilitator, Côte D’Ivoire
- Jean Panti, Managing Director – Fonds National de la Microfinance, Benin