See further RUFORUM conference blog.
RUFORUM organized a side session where it interacted
with the Alumni students who have been in the field to
listen to them in order to know the changes needed in the
approach to the career path.
In her keynote address Dr. Dlamini Zuma said that Agriculture over the last decade grew by 4% per annum, lower than the target of 6% as envisaged by CAADP.
- AHC-STAFF, FARA Side event
- EDULINK II FIT FOR PURPOSE Side Event
- EDULINK On-line Platform Side Event
- RUFORUM-ADECEA Side Event
- RUFORUM-SAFE-AFAAS Side Event
- RUFORUM-CABI Side Event
- ICT Side Event
- innovATE GCFSI Side Event
FARA and partners (e.g. NPCA, SROs, ANAFE, RUFORUM and other key regional agencies) are jointly implementing a project known as the Africa Human Capital in Science, Technology and Agripreneurship for Food Security Framework (AHC-STAFF).
- The AHC-STAFF seeks to undertake exhaustive studies to determine current and future capacity needed to propel Africa’s agriculture and recommend appropriate capacity strengthening actions to address the identified needs.
- The project has adopted a technology capital (within the wider value) chain’ approach to elucidating requisite capacity for technical change needed to uplift Africa’s agriculture.
- The project will assess the overall national capacity needs for knowledge/technology generation, knowledge/technology diffusion, and knowledge/technology adoption and utilization in priority program areas of the NAFSIPs.
- The assessments will be conducted in all the CAADP post-compact countries over a three-year period, and will furnish credible grounding for comprehensive human capital formation and institutional strengthening.
In the first year, the following countries will be targeted:
- ASARECA: Burundi, Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, and Djibouti
- CCARDESA: Angola, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Tanzania and Zambia
- CORAF/WECARD: Cameroon, Burkina Faso, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, The Gambia
- NASRO: Tunisia, Mauritania