project partners clearly indicated.
- Make participants aware of the need to communicate further than their own context;
- Build a shared joined communication and advocacy strategy;
- Make participants involved into concrete communication and advocacy actions;
- Set up a monitoring and evaluation device to mentor this strategy;
- Leave tools after the project to ensure the sustainability of the communication and advocacy.
- PAEPARD Workshop Objectives and Agenda_final.docx
- Comms and Advocacy_Lessons Learned_031014.doc
- Communication Report_Jan-Sept 2014.doc
- Advocacy strategy for PAEPARD_151010.docx
- PAEPARD Communication strategy_Draft_041010.docx
- Communication strategy to influence policy.doc
- Information_and_communication_strategy_PAEPARD_June 2008.doc
- EC visibility manual for external actions
Other useful resources (not related to the workshop):
Most employees are overloaded not only with work, but also with information. Therefore, people often perceive the introduction of a new strategy as an additional burden, which is time and energy consuming. What would be effective ways to introduce a knowledge management strategy in an organisation? This FAQ from KM4Dev discusses first the basic principles of introducing a KM strategy. Further information: