nternational Conference on African Agriculture, Rural Development and Sino-Africa Cooperation (CAARDSAC 2014) Jiangsu International Agri-expo.
The aim of the CAARDSAC 2014 was to create a platform for better communications and scholarly exchange among managers and researchers in the field of African studies especially African agriculture, rural development and the Sino-Africa cooperation.
Themes included :
Co-Chairs of Organising Committee:
It was the intention of the conference organisers to allow sufficient discussion and exchange of ideas during the anniversary, conference sessions as well as the post conference field trips.
Themes included :
- The African physical environment and agriculture
- Impacts of climate changes on crops
- Rural development of Africa at different scales with some examples or case studies.
- African natural resources constraints and opportunities, especially fisheries, land use and urban planning.
- Models of African rural development: present and the future problems.
- China’s role as investor in African agriculture.
- Sino-Africa cooperation in agriculture and rural development
- Urbanization and its impacts on rural development in Africa
- African culture related to agriculture and rural development
- Other aspects related to African agriculture
Download the abstracts of the International Conference on African Agriculture, Rural Development CAARDSAC 2014
- Prof. LIU Chengfu Nanjing University, ChinaProf. François Bart Université Bordeaux
- Dr .Peter Johnston University of Cape Town
- Prof. Bernard Charley University of Toulouse,France
- Prof. HUANG Xianjin Nanjing University, China
- Prof. ZHENG Feng Nanjing University, China
- Dr. Patrick Mbataru Nyambari Kenyatta University
- Makarius C.S. Lalika ; Department of Physical Sciences, Faculty of Science, Sokoine University of Agriculture, Morogoro, Tanzania
- Ayansina Ayanlade ; Dept. of Geography, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria.
- Miriam Murambadoro, CSIR Pretoria, South Africa
- Tibangayuka Kabanda ; Department of Geography and Environmental Sciences, North West University, Mmabatho, South Africa, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr Theodore Tshiabola Mwabi ; Lubumbashi DRC
- Urassa, J. K. ; Sokoine University of Agriculture, Morogoro, Tanzania
- Ibtisam E. M. El Zubeir ; Department of Dairy Production, Faculty of Animal production, University of Khartoum, Khartoum North, Sudan,
- Alexandra Mhula Links ; Economic Performance and Development, Human Sciences Research Council, South Africa
- Lelani M. Mannetti ; Department of Conservation Ecology and Entomology, Stellenbosch University, South Africa.
- Siphesihle Dumisa ; Human Sciences Research Council, South Africa
- Okoli, I. Charles ; Department of Animal Science and Technology, Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Nigeria
- Prof. Bernard Charlery de la Masseliere (French participant) Researcher ; Dynamiques rurales (Toulouse)
- Patrick Mbataru; School of agriculture Kenyatta University, Nairobi
- Steven Masvaure; University of KwaZulu Natal and HSRC
- Kgabo Ramoroka Human Sciences Research Council, South Africa
- Kizito Sikuka ; Southern African Research and Documentation Centre (SARDC)
- Sibongile Manamathela ; University Western Cape, South Africa
- N. M. B. Nyoni ; School of Geography Archaeology and Environmental Studies, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
- Leonard Musyoka Kisovi ; Department of Geography, Kenyatta University, Nairobi
- Peter Johnston (Coordinator of the African Group); Climate Systems Analysis Group, Department of Env. and Geog. Science, University of Cape Town, South Africa
- Francois Bart ; Universite Bordeaux Montaigne, France
- Prof. Zhang Zhenke (Facilitator) ; Director of the Center of African Studies of Nanjing University, Nanjing, China