23-29 September 2018. New York. Food systems, hunger and nutrition received a great deal of attention during Global Goals Week.
Run of Show
25 September 2015. Food System Approaches to the Prevention of NCDs.The burden of malnutrition is two-fold and concurrent with devastating rates of undernutrition and overnutrition across the world – as many as 815 million people are hungry and 2 billion are micronutrient deficient while 1.9 billion are overweight and 600 million are obese. Malnutrition is now a leading cause of NCDs, which have proven devastating socioeconomic impacts on individuals, communities, and entire economies.
Run of Show
Panel 1: The importance of healthy and sustainable food systems for NCDs
- Moderator: Dr. David Nabarro (Curator of the Food Systems Dialogues)
- H.E. Nikolai Astrup (Minister of International development, Government of Norway)
- H.E. Prof. Nila F. Moeloek (Minister of Health, Government of Indonesia)
- Ms. Agneta Karlsson (State Secretary for Health and Social Affairs, Government of Sweden)
- Mr. Gilbert Houngbo (President, International Fund for Agricultural Development) IFAD
Panel 2: Tools and practices to take the shared message forward
- Moderator: Ms. Gerda Verburg (UN Assistant Secretary General & Coordinator of the SUN Movement)
- Dr. Tedros Adhanom (Director-General, World Health Organization) - TBC
- Dr. Steve Waygood (Chief Responsible Investment Officer, Aviva)
- Ms. Kanni Wignaraja (Director, UN Development Operations Coordination Office)