The aim of this project is, to undertake a detailed nationwide survey on the incidence, severity and etiology of the disease in all the citrus growing regions. Disease management strategies (evaluation of some fungicides on the Ghanaian market to select some for control of the disease on already established fields and the study of natural incidence and severity of disease on established fields to select moderately resistant varieties to be considered for new plantations and augmented with the selected fungicides) will be developed with the involvement of farmers and training (farmer field school) will be organized for farmers and extension officers in the affected districts. Quarantine officers at the national borders will also be trained on diagnostic procedures for the identification of the disease.
Objectives of the workshop included:
- Familiarise participants with the concepts and processes of PAEPARD
- To get to know each other better
- To understand each other’s objectives and perspectives with well defined roles and activities to be carried out by each partner
- To establish ground rules that will promote mutual understanding among partners
- To improve the earlier concept notes that was submitted to PAEPARD
- To develop a joint action plan