31st of January - 1 February 2012. Montpellier. PAEPARD organised a workshop on information & communication management for the partners. The objective was to understand the different stakeholders’ tools and needs in terms of communication and information in partnerships & to adapt the existing PAEPARD tools to the stakeholders’ needs.
The main tools built by WP3 of PAEPARD are:
- Website. Ready to be used but need discussion on content and how to feed it.
- PAEPARD blog
- D-groups. Are currently used by PAEPARD and by some subgroups to discuss thematic and share documents.
- Matching tool on the PAEPARD website (wiki). The objective is to match different stakeholders around specific thematic of interest by using a database (based on previous mapping) and key words. The database would contain information about organizations (identity, thematic of interest/work, etc.). This tool is ready but the database is to be completed and the modalities of use are to be defined (types of data, privacy
The results of the workshop are:
- A simple methodology is applicable to all categories of stakeholders represented at the workshop: farmers' organizations, NGOs, private sector, research
- A tool to collect and interpret data gathered from this methodology.
- A comprehensive and precise overview of the intentions, the opportunities and the constraints of the participants on the development of multi-stakeholder partnerships
- Recommendations to strengthen partnerships and to circumvent bottlenecks.
- A practical approach to assess the practices and tools used in the partnership process
- A synthetic vision at each category of stakeholder of existing partnership mechanisms and tools used to implement.
- Recommendationson improvingpracticesand tools already implemented.
- A good knowledge and understanding of the tools developed in the project PAEPARD and their potential usefulness in the context of earch and development partnership
- The possible selection of new tools not yet implemented at different levels (central level or at the stakeholder level)
- Requests for modification of the tools currently in use so that they meet expectations
- An initial mastery of tools ensuring an autonomous use by participants of these tools after the workshop
- The exhaustive list of tasks to be done to implement the recommendations of the workshop.
- Prioritization of these tasks according to the constraints of the participants
- The development of a realistic road map for a first level of early implementation of the recommendations.
- The selection of information to be disseminated
- A selection of tools for communication and information within the project team
- A clear procedure for the implementation of a strategy of information and communication within the project team
- A consensus view on the topics discussed and proposals for implementation.
- These proposals were forwarded to the Communication Working Group of Work Package 3