10-11 April 2014. Montpellier, France. Organized by Agreenium at Agropolis International, 1st MEETING OF THE TAP GLOBAL TASK FORCE (Tropical Agriculture Platform).
The TAP (a G20 initiative) objective is to enhance Capacity Development (CD) for Agricultural Innovation Systems (AIS). One of the first tasks of TAP is therefore to facilitate the emergence of a common language and a shared understanding of the scope of the challenge.
Three regional assessments were conducted from December 2012 to August 2013 to define the current priorities, capacities and needs in agricultural innovation systems in selected target countries.
The three regional assessments of agricultural innovation systems were conducted by three partner organizations located in the regions: Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa (FARA) in Africa (view report), International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) in Latin America (view report) and Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA) in Asia (view report).
The “target groups” directly affected by the Platform activities are policymakers and institutions in agricultural innovation (research, extension, education etc), together with the private sector and civil society active in innovation systems, and relevant development agencies.
The partners of the Platform are a coalition of willing and committed partners/constituents including the national agricultural research, education and extension institutions as well as the private sector, civil society and farmers’ organizations in the G20 and developing countries, and the key regional and international fora, networks and agencies.
- AARINENA: Association of Agricultural Research Institutions in the Near East and North Africa
- AFAAS: African Forum for Agricultural Advisory Services
- AGRA: Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa
- AGREENIUM: Consortium National pour l'agriculture, l'alimentation, la santé animale et l'environnement
- AGRINATURA: The European Alliance on Agricultural Knowledge for Development
- APAARI: Asia Pacific Association of Agricultural Research Institutes
- ARC-LNR: Agricultural Research Council
- ASBRAER: Associação Brasileira das Entidades Estaduais de Assistencia e Extensão Rural
- CAAS: Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences
- CABI: Center for Agricultural Bioscience International
- CACAARI: Central Asia and the Caucasus Association of Agricultural Research Institutions
- CATAS: Chinese Academy of Tropical Agricultural Sciences
- CATIE: Centro Agronómico Tropical de Investigación y Enseñanza
- CGIAR: Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research
- CRA: Consiglio per la Ricerca alla Sperimentazione in Agricoltura
- CTA: Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation
- EMBRAPA: Brazilian Enterprise for Agricultural Research
- FORAGRO: Foro de las Américas para la Investigación y Desarrollo Tecnológico Agropecuario
- FARA : Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa
- GCHERA: Global Confederation of Higher Education Associations for Agricultural & Life Sciences
- GFAR: The Global Forum on Agricultural Research
- GFRAS: Global forum for rural advisory services
- IAARD: Indonesian Agency for Agricultural Research and Development
- ICBA : International Center for Biosaline Agriculture
- ICIMOD: International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development
- ICIPE: African Insect Science for Food and Health
- IFAD: International Fund for Agricultural Development
- IICA: Inter-American Institute of Agricultural Sciences
- INEA: Istituto Nazionale di Economia Agraria
- INIA: National Institute for the Agricultural and Food Research and Technology
- INIFAP: Instituto Nacional de investigacción forestales, agrícolas y pecuarías
- INTA: Instituto national de tecnología agropecuria
- ITPGRFA: International Treaty on Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture Secretariat
- JIRCAS: Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Services
- NRI: National Resources Institute, University of Greeenwich
- PROCITROPICOS: Programa Cooperativo de Investigación, Desarrollo e Innovación Agricola para los Trópicos Suramericanos
- USDA: United States Department of Agriculture
- USAID: United States Agency for International Development
- Wageningen University
- World Bank
- YPARD: Young Professionals' Platform on Agricultural Research for Development