- promoting a common understanding of the role of knowledge in societal and economic development;
- identifying good practice examples of knowledge transfer within and between Africa and the EU;
- analysing success factors, obstacles and barriers to research and innovation uptake; and,
- developing action scenarios for stakeholders in policy, research and business.
Extract:Panel Discussion 1: How do the challenges of Climate Change, Food and Nutrition Security, and Health affect each other, and what, in this context, is the role of R and D in providing sustainable and appropriate solutions?
- Biotechnology, Indiginous Approach to Disease Eradication, S. Agwale (Innovative Biotech Ltd.)
- How do the challenges of Climate Change, Food and Nutrition Security and Health affect each other and what, in this context, is the role of R&D in providing sustainable and appropriate solutions?P. Worms (World Agroforestry Centre)
- Entrepreneurship as a Key to Innovations, S. Jochim (Foundation Entrepreneurship)
- European & Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP),O. Olesen (EDCTP)
- Collaboration for Innovation: Lessons from the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research - SA, V. Mzenda (CSIR)
Rapporteur Summary of Day 1, M. Hughes (Rwanda)
- Considering the clinical research industry as an area for enhanced public-private sector collaboration between the AU and the EU and an economic growth area for Africa : a personal perspective, M. Ba (Pharmalys Ltd.)
- Ensuring stakeholders identify, understand and act on relevant research projects, A. Friedman (Mobenzi)
- Science, Technology and Innovation Strategy for Africa 2024, H. Masheleni (AUC)
- EU-Africa Research Cooperation in Horizon 2020 G. Essegbey (CSIR-STEPRI)
- Declaration of the Fourth EU-Africa Summit, 2-3 April 2014
- Joint Africa-EU Strategy (JAES) Roadmap 2014-2017
- Preliminary Roadmap on FNSSA, prepared by EWG, appointed by Africa-EU HLPD Bureau (Input to roadmap for a jointly funded EU-Africa Research & Innovation Partnership with an initial focus on food and nutrition security and sustainable agriculture including water. Prepared by a Expert Working Group appointed by the EU-Africa High Level Policy Dialogue Bureau in March 2014: Helena Gómez Macpherson, Philippe Petithuguenin, Joachim von Braun, Luís Goulão and Jeff Waage from Europe and Johnson A Ekpere, Paco Sereme, Daniel Nkoola Kisauzi, Ibrahim RM Benesi and Mohammed Jeenah from Africa.) Please note: The official consultation of the roadmap has not started yet - this is only an advance copy. The consultation will be done on a revised version that will become available later.