The objectives of EAGC Agribusiness expo included the following:
- Promote a well functioning regional supply chain, focusing on trade issues affecting all sectors of the chain, and building a platform for reducing constraints in regional trade;
- Build cooperation, interaction, partnerships, alliances, networks and market linkages;
- Collect and manage market data, generate information exchange and share regional expertise
- Promote investment in structured marketing systems including warehouse receipts and commodity exchanges
- Act as the main certification authority in structured systems, and provide commercial services as needed
- Recognize and support accepted principles of international codes of corporate conduct
- Facilitate awareness of new technologies
- Represent the regional membership at national, regional and international forums, and lead advocacy and lobbying actions for best interest of council members.
Related:26 - 27 June 2015. UGANDA. Over 10,000 farmers from Masindi, Kiryandongo, Hoima, Buliisa, Kibaale, Oyam, Apac, Gulu, Nwoya, Lira, Nakasongola and other parts of Uganda attended the annual Agribusiness expo organized by East Africa Grain Council (EAGC).
Forthcoming14th-15th August 2015. KENYA. Kabarak University, Nakuru County-Kenya. Theme: "Enhancing innovation in agribusiness to increase productivity and improve food security“