The European Innovation Partnership on Agricultural Productivity and Sustainability (EIP) creates working interface between agriculture, bio-economy, science, advisors, environmental groups, consumers, and other stakeholders at EU, national and regional level. It helps to bring innovative research results faster from science to practice, to encourage the sharing of knowledge and experience, and to ensure a systematic feedback about needs from practice to the scientific community.
The aim of this conference was to tap into the collective knowledge of the stakeholder and research communities. It provided a forum for a genuine brainstorming on the challenges and opportunities to be addressed by the EIP with a particular focus on the functioning and funding of Operational Groups. The outcome of the conference will feed into the work of the Steering Board for the EIP.
The conference brought inter alia together:
- Agricultural stakeholders, European and national farmers' organisations
- Representatives of Member States ( Delegates of the Standing Committee on Agricultural Research (SCAR) and of the Rural development Managing Authorities, representatives of national advisory bodies)
- Researchers and academics
- Environmental NGOs and Civil Society organisations
- Representatives of on-going initiatives within the research framework
- Advisors and innovation brokers
An example on reducing emissions from livestock