Patient capital is another name for long term capital. With patient capital, the investor is willing to make a financial investment in a business with no expectation of turning a quick profit. Instead, the investor is willing to forgo an immediate return in anticipation of more substantial returns down the road.
PAEPARD interviewed Paul Frix, the Director ad interim of the Centre for the Development of Enterprise (CDE). Paul Frix answers following questions:
- What is the importance of a guarantee fund to encourage banks to invest in agribusiness?
- The Gates Foundation supports agribusiness by guarantee funds?
- What is the role of the Centre for the Development of Enterprise?
- Which other actors can play a role in the support to African Agricultural Small and Medium Enterprises?
- Is there a need for more research about guarantee funds which support African Agribusiness?
- What do you mean by patients funds?
- Do Rabobank and Ecobank have a good approach?