|Professor Dr. Carl Bern presenting |
his research on grain disturbance
to control stored grain insect pest
as an inexpensive non-chemical
technology to prevent #postharvestloss
See detailed programma 36 pages
Session titles and co-chairs:
- Food Security and Challenges to Stored Product Protection Jim Throne, Jordi Riudavets
- Biology, Ecology and Behavior Zhihong Li, Pasquale Trematerra
- Detection and Monitoring Otilia Carvalho, James Campbell
- Engineering for Stored Product Protection and Pest Prevention Dirk Maier, Watcharapol Chayaprasert
- Physical and Biological Control Matthias Schöller, Blaine Timlick
- Fumigants, Controlled Atmospheres, and Hermetic Storage Manoj Nayak, Ricardo Bartosik
- Contact Pesticides, Residual Products, and Plant Extracts Frank Arthur, Daniel Obeng-Ofori
- Postharvest Pest Management and Extension in Developing Countries Elias Nukenine, Herbert Talwana
- Integrated Pest and Resistance Management Christos Athanassiou, Thomas Phillips
- Microbiology, Food Safety, Quarantine, and Regulatory Aspects Paul Fields, Vaclav Stejskal
Workshop: Mycotoxins in food– scope, challenges, activities, mitigation options – example Africa
Organized by Ute Rieckmann and Karl Moosmann (GIZ, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH)WOLF, K. UND F.J.SCHWEIGERT, 2018: MYCOTOXIN ANALYSIS: A FOCUS ON RAPID METHODS. PARTNERSHIP FOR AFLATOXIN CONTROL IN AFRICA, AFRICAN UNION COMMISSION, ADDIS ABABA, ETHIOPIA. Mycotoxin Analysis: A Focus on Rapid methods
- This workshop facilitated a discussion on different perspectives on the problem of mycotoxins in food with data from Africa.
- Recent Results from the work of international Agricultural Research Centers followed an introductory problem analysis by the Partnership for Aflatoxin Control in Africa.
- An overview covering test methodologies (optional exercises) lea into a discussion on approaches for better mycotoxin mitigation.
|PhD student Kizito Nishimwe presented on mycotoxin assessment |
and mitigation in Rwanda animal feeds at the #iwcspp 2018 conf