8–10 October 2018, Bari, Italy. LEAP-Agri Project’s Kick-Off Meeting of ERA-Net LEAP-Agri Funded Projects.
The main objective of the Seminar is to meeting and building a LEAP-Agri community and to address the LEAP-Agri project, its aim and connection to other agenda’s.
- present and discuss the broader context and partners of the LEAP-Agri programme
- create synergy between the projects and connection with LEAP-Agri as a programme.
- To support the clustering process of the projects along three clusters (1) Sustainable intensification, 2) Agriculture and food systems for nutrition 3) Expansion and improvement of agricultural markets and trade)
- inform about and discuss the M&E, especially for enhancing impact, for the projects and the clusters
- discuss how to achieve common impact as a programme on EU-Africa Food and Nutrition Security and Sustainable Agriculture and Aquaculture
- share information about the 27 research projects including their respective theories of change and impact pathways co-funded by ERA-Net LEAP-Agri
- The preparation and implementation of a joint call for proposals for collaborative R&I projects between European and African partners which will contribute to the coordination and increase of joint activities between R&I institutions, and their programmes across European Union Member States, Associated countries and African countries. 27 collaborative European African projects have been selected for funding by the 24 LEAP-Agri funding agencies, based on an international Independent Review panel evaluation and ranking..
- The undertaking of other activities, in particular: the identification and test of innovative instruments for alignment and collaboration in research, innovation, capacity strengthening and infrastructure development; the communication and dissemination of results emerging from LEAP-Agri activities; the definition of a joint Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda in the Food and Nutrition Security and Sustainable Agriculture domain; and the consultation and liaison with relevant stakeholder communities, including research, the private sector, civil-society organisations and governments in Europe and Africa.
Extracts of the agenda: agenda of the Kick-Off-Meeting of the ERA-Net LEAP-Agri funded Projects
- Climate-relevant innovation through research in agriculture in Africa. - DeSIRA (DEVCO) Mr Christophe Larose | EC DG Devco
- Africa focused topics EC SFS « Sustainable intensification » and CSA support to EU AU HLPD FNSSA Mrs Agnieszka Romanowicz | EC DG Agri
- EC SFS “Food systems” challenges and 2019 call Mr Hans Joerg Lutzeyer | EC DG Research
- Proposal “FACCE-JPI/Belmont Forum/LEAP-Agri” Mr Maurice Héral | ANR, France
- LEAP-Agri additional activities, Feeding the future : Collaboration with FNSSA related projects (CSA support to HLPD, 2019 ERA-Net Cofund Call Mr Henning Knipschild| BLE, Germany | Mr Hamidou Tamboura | FONRID, Burkina Faso