18 October 2018. Nairobi. Horizon 2020 Info Day: Funding opportunities for cooperation between Africa and Europe through Horizon 2020.
The main objective of the event was to provide information on funding opportunities available for cooperation between Africa and Europe through Horizon 2020 and its successor programmes. Specifically, the information day will provide knowledge to the following:
The European Commission’s Directorate-General for Research and Innovation through its unit for Science and Technology Cooperation with Africa, has organised a Horizon 2020 Info day as a pre-conference event during the African Higher Education Week and RUFORUM Biennial Conference.
- Opportunities for African - EU cooperation in science and innovation in Horizon 2020 and Horizon Europe
- Horizon 2020 – Open to the world and opportunities for African countries
- European Innovation Council Horizon Prize on Affordable High-Tech for Humanitarian Aid
- Best Practice Examples on research projects in horizon 2020
- Networking: How to find suitable partners for Horizon 2020 proposals
Extracts of the programme
- Myra Bernardi, Head of Section for Agriculture, Job Creation and Resilience, EU Delegation to Kenya
- Prof. Adipala Ekwamu, Executive Secretary for RUFORUM
- Fadila Boughanemi, Deputy Head of Unit in charge of S&T Cooperation with Africa, European Commission - An introduction to Horizon 2020 and outlook to Horizon Europe
- Jacob Mignouna (Beca/ILRI) Experience sharing from the Horizon 2020-supported project ‘InnovAfrica’
The Sixth African Higher Education Week and RUFORUM Biennial Conference, Date: 19th, 20 and 23rd October, 2018. WIPO Forum on Strengthening IP Management in African Universities