On 16-17 October, the European Commission is hosting EU Development Days, a two-day forum on international affairs and development cooperation that will see Heads of State, Nobel Prize laureates, business leaders, and development professionals meet to discuss some of the global issue that are at risk of slipping down the international agenda in the wake of the economic crisis.
17 October. Panel on Free Humanity from Hunger
The event started with a short message by the UN Rapporteur to the Right to Food Mr Olivier de Schutter on the importance and urgency of integrating the Right to Food in the post Millennium development Goals framework.
The panel was composed of:
- Mr Juan Carlos Cebolla, FAO, leader of team on Right to Food
- Fr Oreste, Director of Caritas Rwanda
- Mrs Ute Hausmann, Team manager of Food First Information and Action Network
- Mr Jean Pierre Halkin, DEVCO, Head of Unit Rural Development, Food Security and Nutrition
- Mr Justin Kilcullen, Director of Trócaire
The moderator was Ms. Monika Hoegen, experienced journalist on Development issues.
FAO Methodological Toolbox on the Right to Food