1-4 October 2012. Bloemfontein, South Africa. The Nutrition Congress Africa 2012 was a joint scientific meeting of the 24th congress of the Nutrition Society of South Africa, the 12th congress of the Association for Dietetics in South Africa and the 5th African Nutrition Epidemiology Conference hosted jointly by the Nutrition Society of South Africa (NSSA), Association for Dietetics in South Africa (ADSA) and the African Nutrition Society (ANS).
It focused on "Transforming the Nutrition Landscape in Africa".
Excerpt of the programme:
- Henson, Spencer. Developing a Framework to Guide the Formulation of Integrated Agriculture-Nutrition Interventions in Developing Countries
- Colecraft, Esi. Bridging Nutrition and Agriculture: Assessment of Nutrition Capacity Gaps in the Agriculture Sector in Ghana
- Adepoju, Oladejo Nutrient composition and potential contribution of winged termites (marcrotermes billicosus) to micronutrient intake of consumers
- Van der Hoeven, Marinka Potential of including African leafy vegetables in school feeding programme in rural communities
- Kolsteren, Patrick Identifying research needs for sub-Saharan Africa: the SUNRAY project
- Lachat, Carl SUNRAY literature review
- Kinabo, Joyce The SUNRAY interview results
- Kruger, Annamarie The SA landscape - SUNRAY results
- Brouwer, Inge INSTAPA: Improved nutrition thorugh staple foods in Africa
Combatting Malnutrition through Sustainable Interventions:
EU-ASEAN Relations as a Key Driver
8 November 2011