this conference addressed ways to boost agricultural productivity for food security and economic development, while conserving and restoring the natural resource base.
Topics covered included:
- assessment, development and management of natural and human resources for livelihood and food security;
- integrated management of water and land resources to prevent land degradation and salinity related desertification;
- conservation agriculture systems for drylands, rainfed and irrigated areas;
- climate change mitigation and adaptation strategies including carbon sequestration in soils for different land use systems;
- and policy frameworks for capacity building to mitigate emerging problems in natural resource management.
This was a 2015 International Year of Soils event.