The objective of the event was to bring together research stakeholders, from both the public and private sectors from the EU and Third Countries, together with Commission officers and provide information and ground for discussion and networking.
Biocircle project gave the opportunity to two members of PAEPARD supported consortia to participate in this event:
- Dr I.Charles Okoli (Tropical Animal Health and Production Research Lab. Department of Animal Science and Technology, Federal University of Technology, Nigeria to discuss the collaboration on the research proposal Nigeria - Low cost and high quality livestock feed production knowledge delivery to Nigerian poultry industry (NIPOFERD)
- Dr. Samuel Adjei Nsiah Ghana - Improving food security and income for smallholder farmers through improved post harvest technology
- Parallel Session 1: Sustainable production and management of biological resources from land, forest and aquatic environment
- Parallel Session 2: Fork to farm: Food (including seafood), health and well being Consumers, nutrition, food processing, food quality and safety, environmental impact and total food chain, European research area
- Parallel Session 3: Life sciences, biotechnology and bio-chemistry for sustainable non-food products and processes
Contrary to previous years none of the themes of the Work Programme 2013 - Food, Agriculture and Fisheries, and Biotechnology is mentioning as mandatory the participation of an ICPC (International Cooperation Partner Country) from Africa. But African countries are free to join any consortium.
Contrary to previous years none of the themes of the Work Programme 2013 - Food, Agriculture and Fisheries, and Biotechnology (FAFB) is mentioning as mandatory the participation of an ICPC (International Cooperation Partner Country) from Africa.
But African countries are free to join any consortium.
PAEPARD made an public intervention on this issue during the plenary of the FP7 Infoday. See the video sreaming of INFO DAY 2012 - FOOD AGRICULTURE AND FISHERIES AND BIOTECHNOLOGY - CALL 7It starts at 27 minutes.
national contact points: 7th Bio-NCP meeting for theme 2.
On Wednesday 18th of July, Biocircle organised its Third Country BIO-NCPs of the BIOCIRCLE 2 project. The objective of this training was to show options, ways and means to enhance the visibility of Third Country researchers within the European research areas.
A keynote presentation was made by Daan du Toit, Senior S&T Rep. of South Africa to EU on South Africa’s S&T partnership with the European Union: Visibility and Networking – key for success.
- Answer calls & Find partners
- Create enabling national environment for researchers to participate:
- FP7 topics relevant to SA priorities and strengths SA researchers best placed to respond
- Support SA links to leading European groups with best chances of success, bearing in mind: Lead in proposal preparation coming for Europe
- Highly competitive – excellence key criteria Networking and visibility essential