The problems of unsustainable production, producer’s livelihoods, consumer welfare and the environment are often seen at odds with one another. However, these issues intersect for the farmer, who is both a producer and a consumer, and depends on the environment for his/her livelihood. This is especially important in the context of the Global South, where large populations depend on agriculture for their livelihood. Keeping this in mind, the focus of our dialogue would be ‘Building synergies between seemingly competing interests of production, consumption, livelihoods and the ecosystem’.
Dialogue Focus/Title: Building synergies between seemingly competing interests of production, consumption, livelihoods and the ecosystem
- Welcome Address and Introduction to the Dialogue
- Keynote Address by Guest Speaker
- Presentation of Dialogue Agenda and Introduction of Discussions Topics and Facilitators
- Discussion Session in 4-5 Smaller Groups (through Breakout Rooms)
- Reporting of Discussion Outcomes from Breakout Rooms (5 minutes each)
- Summary and Recommendations from the Dialogue