|#SDGconference | Now @davidnabarro, |
a @WorldFoodPrize 2018 laureate, talks about:
"Nutrition is everybody's business." "
We have to make sure that food systems
can regenerate and are climate compatible" #ZeroHunger
The conference brought together key stakeholders to discuss their views and contributions for achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and to take action towards reaching the targets and partnerships. The conference centered around SDG2: end hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture and SDG17: create partnerships.
The conference started with a High Level Forum featuring Akinwumi Adesina (president African Development Bank), Paul Polman (CEO Unilever), Etharin Cousin (former executive director World Food Programme) and moderated by Louise O. Fresco (president Wageningen University & Research).
- View the conference full programme
#SDGconference | @l_haddad, a @WorldFoodPrize 2018 laureate,
pitches about Nourishing the World -
"No one can have a monopily on food solutions,
we have to work together and form a multi-stakeholder dialogue."
- Side events
- Theme Evidence: Identify specific needs for multi-disciplinary indicators, methods and approaches that support the development of healthy sustainable and inclusive food systems.
- Theme Synergies and trade-offs: Findings ways to identify synergies and address trade-offs within and between SDG2 and other SDGs.
- Theme Governance: Explore new alliances for food security and showcase diversity in food governance to achieve the SDGs
|President of the board of @WUR @LouiseOFresco |
gives a speech during the celebration of the highest point
of the new R&D building of @Unilever at the campus:
'expanding the international knowledge ecosystem
for food and food production together'.
- Double agricultural production and incomes in Ethiopia (WUR, Partners, Access to Seeds Foundation)
- Climate Smart land use - The agriculture-forest nexus (WUR)
- Panel abstract: Learning and innovation platforms: synergies, competing pressures and sustainability
- Transforming higher education to transform agricultural and food systems
- Metropolitan food supply and demand - Three possible solutions for achieving a fair and sustainable distribution (Foodbank Wageningen, Dialogical Holding BV, AMS, WUR)
- Landscape as a spatial framework for an integrated achievement of the SDGs (WUR, PBL, MER)
- Feeding on Future. Improving governance and policy coherence for sustainable food systems (Lleida University, IRTA, CADS)
- A food systems approach to food and nutrition security - From theory to practice (LNV, FBKP, HIVOS, SNV, ECDPM, WUR)
- Nourishing the SDGs - The power of innovative partnerships to nourish SDG2 and other development goals (NWGN: DSM, UniCEF, WFP-NL, WUR, Save the Children, ICCO, GAIN NL, ETC, VU, Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
- Food Governance - The role of the city council. Think global, act local. (Ede and Wageningen city councils, Province of Gelderland, WUR)
- Disruptive innovation and youth for Zero Hunger by 2030 (WUR, CTA)