“Empowering youth to engage in responsible investment in agriculture and food systems: challenges, opportunities and lessons learned from eleven African countries”
- This report aims to enhance understanding on the main challenges and opportunities to empower youth to carry out and benefit from responsible agricultural investment by giving voice to those most concerned – young farmers, agri-entrepreneurs and workers, and those who support them.
- It summarizes the main findings from a series of multi-stakeholder capacity assessment workshops with participants from eleven countries.
Speaker: Yannick Fiedler is a Programme Officer at the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations.
- Yannick works with policy makers and non-state actors in North and West Africa to create an enabling environment for responsible investment in agriculture and food systems, with a specific focus on the needs of young agri-entrepreneurs.
- He is author of several papers and publications, and developer of a series of capacity development tools on responsible investment.
- Before becoming a Programme Officer, Yannick was a consultant for FAO and the World Bank, and taught international relations at Sciences Po Paris. Yannick lives in Rome, Italy.