“A New Era for Africa-EU Science and Innovation Partnerships”.
The meeting brought together scientists, innovators, networks policymakers and other stakeholders. The AERAP platform has been in existence since 2012. South Africa and its partner countries host the SKA. AERAP has widened its scope beyond radio astronomy sciences to serve as an engagement platform for Africa-EU wider science collaboration.
Download the full agenda.
Recording and presentations forthcoming.
The second day discussed funding and cooperation instruments with:
- Martina de Sole APRE, Italy
- Hans Jörg Lutzeyer EU Africa R&I Partnership on Food and Nutrition Security and Sustainable Agriculture
- Trish Scanlan CEO, Their Lives Matter, Tanzania
- Shadrack Moephuli CEO, Agriculture research Council, South Africa
- Leonard Mizzi DG DEVCO, European Commission, Belgium
- Marina Martinez Spanish Office for Science and Technology
- Nigel Healey University of Limerick
14 September 14:00 - 16:00 EFARD 2020 Virtual AGM
The European Forum for Agricultural Research and Development (EFARD), is organising a VIRTUAL AGM and will focus on "Strengthening EFARD’s Networking Capacity: Implications for Governance, Partnerships, Funding”. Keynote addresses: (a) Unpacking the Policy, Research and Innovation Drivers for Agricultural Transformation Post Covid-19, Francesco Rampa, Head of Programme, Sustainable Food Systems, ECDPM ; (b) The Role of the Private Sector in Fostering Innovation, Edouard Lehmann, Research and Innovation Manager, COLEACP ; (c) EFARD's Role in EU Development Cooperation Agenda for Agricultural Transformation, Christophe Larose, Head of Sustainable Agriculture, DG-DEVCO