This is a recording of an online event on 25 November 2020 that explored how food systems transformation can be relevant for people living in poverty. This IIED Debates event examined the specific challenges of food systems in low-income countries in the lead up to the Food Systems Summit next year.
- Is a food system transformation also necessary in the global South?
- If so, what would it look like?
- And how should it be achieved?
- Andrew Norton (opening remarks), director of IIED;
- Jessica Fanzo, Bloomberg distinguished professor of global food policy and ethics;
- Jane Battersby, associate professor at the African Centre for Cities at the University of Cape Town and;
- Immaculate Yossa Daisy, the regional advocacy manager for Uganda-East Africa at Hivos.