The last panel was about some of the peculiarities of funding for Global Challenges/University Development Cooperation/Capacity Building projects. It was aimed at professors or postdocs who want to apply for funding to financers such as VLIR-UOS, EuropeAid, EDCTP, Bill & Melinda Gates foundation, Erasmus+, etc.
- Welcome and introduction Dr.Nancy Terryn- Research Coordination Office- Partnerships Global South
- Keynote speaker : Mr. Francois Stepman (co-organiser Platform for African – European Partnership in Agricultural Research for Development, PAEPARD & Knowledge Sharing and Communication Cluster Expert “Advisory Services for Resilient Agri-Food Systems – ASRAFS”: “Writing grants for Global South partnerships, the differences and challenges for academics compared to writing for a research project”
- Prof. Bruno Levecke (Fac.Veterinary Medicine UGent ) “Experiences with funding from the B&M Gates foundation and how to link this with traditional FWO research funding”
- Delfien Cloet (Department of Educational Policy UGent, International Relations Office) : “Erasmus Capacity Building for higher Education, how to successfully submit”
- Nancy Terryn (Research Co-ordination Office UGent / Partnerships Global South ) : “VLIR-UOS and its Theory of Change”